MARYLAND SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS (MSA) Membership Application Process
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS (ASA) Membership required.
Each member of this Society shall be required to maintain membership in the same categories, respectively, of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Inc. (ASA)
ASA’s bylaws clearly state (Section 3.111) that membership in the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is contingent on your being a member of the component society where you practice.
CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP:
Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy who are licensed to practice medicine and who have successfully completed a training program in anesthesiology, accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent organizations, or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- A physician not in the clinical practice of anesthesiology.
- A scientist who, while not engaged in administering clinical anesthesia to humans, is nevertheless interested in anesthesiology.
- A physician who is in the service of the U.S. government (other than those employed by the Veterans Administration).
- A physician who resides outside the United States
Resident Members (Includes Fellows)
- A physician in full-time training in an anesthesiology department whose core residency program is accredited by ACGME or the AOA.
Medical Student Members
- An individual in full-time training in a medical school approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the AOA.
Other limited membership categories (by special qualifications/approval only)
AGREEMENT OF MEMBERS
By making application for membership or by continuing membership in this Society, each member agrees to abide by and be bound by the Articles and Bylaws of this Society and to abide by the Statement of Policy of the Maryland and American Societies of Anesthesiologists, Inc., and the Principles of Medical Ethics of the American Medical Association.
JOIN THE MSA!
The MSA uses the same application forms as the ASA in order to facilitate membership in both societies.
To access a hard copy of the ASA Membership application, select the link below:
Fill out and remit to the Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists Executive Office at:
Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists
18 Pinkney Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
By Fax: 410-269-4021
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can apply using the ASA’s Online membership portal. This allows you to complete your application online and when you submit the application a copy is submitted directly to us.
Access the portal using the link below:
ASA Online Application
Upon receipt of your application, you will be mailed an invoice for the current year’s membership dues. We ask that all new members pay their dues at the time of their application’s approval. If you would like to pay your dues in advance follow the link below.
**ASA Dues is handled separately. You will be contacted directly by the ASA.